Tuesday, 15 September 2015

I See God Everywhere



In the crystal icicles
Melting drop by drop
From tips of frozen stems,
I feel His warmth there.

In the azure blue canvas
Turned to crimson, gold and purple
By the setting sun,
I see Him painting there.

In the clay that holds the seed
And then clings to the root
Of the new plant sprouting leaves,
I see Him giving life.

In the plaintive cries
Of a new born calf
Calling out to it’s mother,
I hear His answering call.

In the birds building nests
Using just their beaks
To weave a marvel from grass,
I see His helping hand.

In the snail on the sidewalk
Curling into it’s shell
At the sound of footsteps nearby,
I see His protective hand.

In the tightly closed bud
That opens petal by petal
Spreading fragrance all around,
I inhale His presence nearby.

In the glow of the fireflies
Which fly by at night
Winking brightly at me,
I see Him giving light.

In the spreading wings
Of the birds soaring
In the open skies,
I see Him giving flight. 

In the silver fish
Which swim the depths
Of the deep blue sea,
I see Him giving air.

In the upturned beetle
That struggles to get onto
It’s feet once again,
I see His gentle push.

In the ray of light
That peeps through
A crack in the dark clouds,
I see Him shining there.

In the first steps of a little baby girl
As she totters towards
Her mother’s outstretched arms,
I see His steadying hand.

In the giving hands
Of kind folk who reach out
To outstretched palms,
I see Him smiling there.

In this beautiful world
I look, hear, feel
All around me…..everywhere,
And I see Him there.

------*****------ 




7 comments:

  1. It's a masterpiece. Your best yet. I am glad you didn't try to rhyme this poem. It gave you more freedom to express yourself and choose the right words. The poem has a positive tone throughout and will lift the spirit of the reader, and I think that's a great achievement in itself. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pholgu. As always I love your comment and your insight. You are absolutely right dear..not rhyming it gave me more freedom. I need to try more like this. And I am also tempted ( by your poem on Ratha Yatra) to try out a refrain too. 😊

      Delete
  2. This is so beautifully written. Manifestation of a life well lived and a beautiful mind! Keep going Rebbeca. Loved this kne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anjali. That is such a lovely thing to say.

      Delete
  3. Indeed we need that inner eye to see Him....for he is everywhere...
    Becky...absolutely wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all see Him Shalu. We know it in our hearts. I just put it down in words. Thankyou dear. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your writing signifies that you never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting.

    ReplyDelete